Troy Donockley International Forum Forum Index
Troy Donockley International Forum
International Forum about Troy Donockley

Troy Donockley International Forum Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

:: Marc M ::

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Troy Donockley International Forum Forum Index -> Fan's Corner -> Members
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Marc M

PostPosted: Fri 24 Jul - 18:22 (2009)    Post subject: Marc M Reply with quote

Hello,
My name is Marc (as you could easily guess from my very original nickname !)
I' 43. I've discovered Troy thanks to Iona back in 95.
I'm a huge fan of Iona and was very sad to learn, a few days ago, that apparently, Troy has left Iona.
It's been hell to find it but in 2001 I finally managed to find thoiugh the Interne,t the first solo album of Troy, which I loved instantly. I loved THe Pursuit ofg Illusion just the same, maybe even more.
I think Troy is not only a great insturmentalist, with incredibly eclectic tastes but also a great composer.
I never had the chance to see him live with any of the bands he has contributed to, nor to meet him. I hope to change this sooner or later.
We just exchanged a couple of e-mails in the past, oh, it was a long time ago, in 2001 and 2002, when he had the time, I guess. I wrote to him to give him the translation of some reviews of albums by Iona and him that I had written. He kindly answered me and offered me his first live album with Midge Ure (of Ultravox fame, who evolved a lot though his solo career), which was really lovely. I love Midge Ure, on the top of that ! So that was a special gift !
I've bought The Madness of Crowds but hadn't the time to properly review it yet. Been so busy this year... that it was  not even funny... Sad
It's a fairly complex album, not "immediate", but I love it, yet.

Apart from Iona and Troy (and Dave Baindridge works with him!) , I love a lot of old masters of the progressive golden era in the 70's, like Pink Floyd, Yes, Jethro Tull (is it prog, really ? I don't give a damn) and Genesis. But from that era I also love Queen, Led Zeppelin and many other bands, hard rock or not. I Also enjoy some more modern progressive or non progressive bands, progressive and symphonic metal, a lot of virtuoso guitar music, classical music, folk, synthesizer music, well, many many  artists.. just have a look at my page on MySpace : you'll understand ! Wink
Thanks for reading ! I'm really happy that this forum was created... That's nice, really.
Marc

Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 24 Jul - 18:22 (2009)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Anette_Fan

PostPosted: Fri 24 Jul - 21:26 (2009)    Post subject: Marc M Reply with quote

Hi Marc and Welcome here!! have fun! 

Lisa216
Admin

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jul - 11:23 (2009)    Post subject: Marc M Reply with quote

Welcome here !

♥Tuomas♥
♥Meadows of Heaven♥

Visit poster’s website MSN
Wagnawok

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jul - 12:38 (2009)    Post subject: Marc M Reply with quote

Welcome ont this forum

The Islander
Admin

PostPosted: Fri 31 Jul - 00:45 (2009)    Post subject: Marc M Reply with quote

First Welcome and Second Thanks =)

MSN
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 15:30 (2018)    Post subject: Marc M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Troy Donockley International Forum Forum Index -> Fan's Corner -> Members All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Flowers of Evil © theme by larme d'ange 2006